SZA's- New Video " Teen Spirit"

Though she’s only been making music for little over a year, Jersey-native SZA (born Solana Rowe) has already attracted comparisons to artist like Frank Ocean. Another less expected analogy might be made between the 23-year-old musician and an artist like Grimes, who orchestrates nearly every film, performance, and artwork associated with her name. “I wanted to live and die by my own decisions,” SZA says of the self-directed video for “Teen Spirit,” debuting today. “From color correction to set choice to dressing myself in dirty T-shirts and random Marni pieces and refusing a stylist and makeup artist…I figured if I was going to fail, I’d do it on my own terms.” Given that SZA has recently joined Kendrick Lamar’s TDE label after having already released two EPs with another on the way, we doubt failure is anywhere in her future.