Magic Jonhson’s son Earvin Johnson III is coming to reality TV.


“I always wanted to come into the spotlight,” E.J. says. “I always had dreams and plans of doing my own thing and creating my own image, so it came a little sooner than I thought it would but this is still something I knew I would be going through and would have to experience.”According to reports, the basketball legend’s only son will be featured on a new E! series titled “Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.” As the title suggests, the show will follow five young adults as they flaunt their wealth and designer bags in front of the camera.“You’ll see me doing the absolute worst with all my crazy friends,” E.J. said during a recent hosting gig on E!’s Fashion Police. The 20-year-old NYU student came out of the closet earlier this year and his family publicly supported him.“I don’t care about the backlash, if somebody doesn’t agree, that’s just tough on them. I’m gonna love my son until the end,” Magic told The Grio.



“He has a right to decide who he wants to be, who he wants to date, and who he wants to marry, and he has decided that that’s a man, and that’s okay by us.”


Must be nice! E.J.’s new show, began filming this weekend, and airs next January. Will you tune in? 


"Me and my dad, we go shopping all the time. He helps me pick out clothes and bags and stuff like that….We do share a common love of clothes and traveling…"

EJ on the industry, "Ummm, yes, I’m working on something with E! right now. You’ll see me doing the absolute most with all my crazy friends and stuff like that so…. so I’m definitely coming up in the entertainment world…. Definitely a talk show down the line, is my ultimate goal and you know dabbling in fashion and entertainment…"


"National Coming Out Day was founded by Robert Eichberg and Jean O'Leary on October 11, 1988 in celebration of the [second] gay march on Washington D.C. a year earlier. The purpose of the march and of National Coming Out Day is to promote government and public awareness of gay, bisexual, lesbian and transgender rights and to celebrate homosexuality. National Coming Out Day is a time to publicly display gay pride. Many choose this day to come out to their parents, friends, co-workers and themselves." Coming out can be a really empowering thing to do. You can read about teen coming out stories in the forum, in the section called "Coming Out."

Today would be a great day to share your own experience.